Page layout problems

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Page layout problems
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:08:32 +1100

I have the following lines in a score:

#(set-global-staff-size 12)
#(set-default-paper-size "legal" 'landscape)
\layout {
        linewidth=11.5 \in
        indent=2.0 \cm
        }

The documentation on the last two lines is fairly sparse, but as I understands it, the linewidth setting governs the length of lines score wide, and the indent line affects the left indent on the first system.

In the piece I'm working on, everything seems to be set too far to the left. The instrument names on the second and subsequent pages are all but off the page. Changing linewidth only affects the right margin.

These two commands seemed to do the trick in Lilypond 2.2 but fail now. Is the new page layout system at fault, or is it just me? ;-)

Cameron