Re: Page breaks in 2.4 using \book

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Page breaks in 2.4 using \book
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 06:56:59 +1100

I should really learn to press "Reply to List". Here's try number 2:

> Hello,
>     I'm enjoying version 2.4 on Mac OS X. I am making some variations of an
> exercise and would like to spread it out over two pages. I am not quite
> happy with how it comes out and would like to insert a page break. Nothing I
> seem to do has the desired effect. Reading the manual leads me to believe
> that I need to place a \pageBreak command in the note data. Does this change
> when one is using several \score sections within a \book block? If so where
> should the command go?

I'm having a similar problem. I want a page break between movements.
I've organised the file with one movement per \score block. If I put
\pageBreak after a barline in the middle of the note data, it works. If
I put it at the end of the note data, it doesn't work. Similarly,
putting \pageBreak at the beginning of \score doesn't do anything. Is
there a reason for this? Using lilypond-book just to page break between
movements seems like a bit of overkill; is there a better way?

Thanks,
Joe