Looks Like I'm Sunk!

From: Mel Bellefontaine
Subject: Looks Like I'm Sunk!
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 08:57:38 -0800

Sirs:

I had LilyPond v.1.4.12 working just fine, except that I had hoped that a later version would give me some more workable information about my source file errors.

Here's the problem (OS = Win98/SE): tried to download and install LilyPond V.2.2.5, (apparently the latest version for Windows);
Got the Python2 illegal operation message (problems about Python you warned about);
What's worse: error messages to the effect that certain specified .DLL files were not found.  Yuk!

What do I do?

Is there a Lily version 2.4.1 for Win98?

Please don't tell me to upgrade the OS to XP, though I know that it must come to that some time; for now I just want something to get the job done, and I can guess too well that upgrading the OS will pose a whole bunch of other problems in various and sundry other places.

Best thing I can think of is to find an older version of LilyPond?  Are there still versions 1.X out there?

Thanks much.

It's a great program.

Mel Bellefontaine

---