Re: combine more then two accDots to set one origin ?

From: Thies Albrecht
Subject: Re: combine more then two accDots to set one origin ?
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 17:20:42 +0100

Albert Einstein wrote:
How can I put all dots to the centre of accDiscant in order to have in this poin origin...
About half a year ago I wrote a file "accReg-Defs.lyinc". It contains definitions for all accordion registrations that can be found on my girlsfriend's "Hohner Morino V".

I don't known, whether my solution is according to all existing lilypond standards, but it works fine for me using Lilypond 2.2.5 using the CygWin environment. If there is any interest, I will make the file available to everyone. Just inform me, how to post it.

The accordion registrations like they are at the moment are defined as skip notes of zero length with an appropriate markup attached to it. An example definition:

  accBasson = \notes {
    s1*0^\markup {
      \combine
        { \musicglyph #"accordion-accDiscant" }
        { \raise #0.5 \musicglyph #"accordion-accDot" }

The defintion is used as follows:

  \score {
    \notes {
      c d e f
      \accBasson c d e f

Of course, the definitions can be changed to work as normal markups. The altered definition and the usage after changing it is shown in the following example:

  accBasson = \markup {
                \combine
                  { \musicglyph #"accordion-accDiscant" }
                  { \raise #0.5 \musicglyph #"accordion-accDot" }
                }

  \score {
    \notes {
      c d e f
      c^\accBasson d e f

Probably, this way of defining the registrations might be slightly better in terms of collision detection. I never evaluated this problem as I use the "extra-offset"-property for fine-tuning the positioning of the registrations.

I hope, I replied in the right manner as this is my first posting on a newsgroup and I had some prblems on finding out how to use the lilypond-user-group.

Kind regards,
Thies Albrecht