Lilypond 2.4.x already running on Cygwin?

From: Thies
Subject: Lilypond 2.4.x already running on Cygwin?
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:53:07 +0100

Hi everyone!

I have a short but simple question:
Is Lilypond 2.4.x already available for running under the Cygwin environment?

I tried several times now getting Lilypond to work from the scratch, meaning without any existing Cygwin environment on my computer. Trying to install Lilypond I followed the instructions that can be found in "/cygwin/Readme.in" included with the acutal "Lilypond.2.4.2.tar.gz". What I can't figure is the question if this instruction contains everything I have to do or if I have to do something like "packing" Lilypond before.

Is there anyone willing to give me a detailed instruction list about how to install Lilypond. What I have in mind is something like "Download setup.exe from www.cygwin.com ... choose ... copy ... Here we are!". As I said I tried it several times, not only today, spending hour after hour on it. Normally I'm thinking of me to be quite smart in these things even if I have to spend some time on it, but in moments like this I think there should be some kind of self-help group for native Windows users like me.

Kind regard,
Thies Albrecht