Re: Stem length adjustment

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: Stem length adjustment
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:39:44 +0100

Hello list, hello Donald,

You wrote:

> I need to adjust stems manually so that they do not collide.
> How can I do that?
>
> In the example below stems grow longer when there are no beams (4rths)
> however, LilyPond ignores stem-length when there are beams.
>
> What can I do?

Do You want to lengthen beamed stems?
Just before about two or three hours I needed this, and after a while
reading the documentation (It's always a little bit hard for me, because
I'm not an English native speaker)-: I found a solution for my problem
with:

    \override Voice.Stem #'beamed-extreme-minimum-free-lengths = #'(1.5 1.5 1.5)

where the first number is for eights, the second for
sixteenths and the third number for 32ths (if I understood all correct).
For more than three beams You have to add more numbers.

Perhaps this is helpful to You?

Best Regards           Roland