Re: what grob name to use?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: what grob name to use?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:27:32 +0100

Popular question today, see the thread on "markup padding" when they
turn up in the archive or in your mail reader.

To find out yourself, I'm afraid you have to know LilyPond well enough
to realize that c^"Some text" and c^\markup{ \italic "Some text" } is
handled by the same object. Once you know that, you can look in the
manual section on text scripts and find a link at the bottom of the
page to the program reference for the relevant object.
Also, you can find a list of all available objects at
lilypond.org -> Documentation for 1.*.* -> Program Reference ->
Backend -> All layout objects.

   /Mats

Chip wrote:
I would like to use one of the grobs from the feta font, and use extra-offset to move it. I cannot find the proper name to refer to it. Below is just one variation that I have tried

\once \override Staff.Markup #'extra-offset = #'(-3 . -3)
  b8^\markup { \musicglyph #"flags-u3" } r b a b a

since the search function is not working on the archives, I have to ask something that has probably been covered plenty of times, I apologize for that. I searched through the manual, regression tests, and tips-n-tricks, but cannot find a list of grob names and what they apply to. My intention is to use the flags-u3 as a symbol for a 'fall' articulation. So I need to move it over to the right of the note head, and even with the note head. (I know the parameters in the above example are not correct, I'll play with those a bit to get it moved to the correct location.)

Regards,
chip

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing