Hymn Template & Align Composer

From: Rob V
Subject: Hymn Template & Align Composer
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:16:57 -0500

Here's a simple hymn template I made for myself starting from the SATB
template.  I hope it helps.

I start a refrain on a new staff to get it centered, but that was when I was
using \addlyrics.  I didn't get it working yet using \lyricsto.

I've also added the lines I use to right-align my composer and date.

Rob

\version "2.2.5"
\header {

                title = "Hymn Template"
                subtitle = ""
                tagline = ""
                poet = ""
                composer = "\footnotesize Composer Name \break (1900 - 1950)"

}

#(set-global-staff-size 20)
\include "english.ly"

staffProp = \notes {

                        \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 0)
                        \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #all-invisible
                        \set Staff.autoBeaming = ##t
                         \unset Staff.melismaBusyProperties
                        }

upperOne =\notes
        \relative a'{
        \time 4/4

        \voiceOne
        a4 b c d a b c d \break
                }

upperTwo =\notes
        \relative a'{

        \voiceTwo
        d,4 e f g d e f g
}

lowerOne =\notes
        \relative a {
        \time 4/4

        \voiceOne
        a4 b c d a b c d

}

lowerTwo =\notes
        \relative c {

        \voiceTwo
        d4 e f g d e f g
}

firstverse = \lyrics {
        La la la la la la la la
     }

secondverse = \lyrics {
        Do do do do do do do do
        }

thirdverse = \lyrics {
        Re re re re re re re re
        }

fourthverse = \lyrics {

        }

fifthverse = \lyrics {

        }

\score{
        \context StaffGroup<<

                \context Staff  = upper

                        <<
                        \staffProp
                        \clef treble
                        \context Voice = one \upperOne
                        \context Voice = two \upperTwo

                \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {
                                        \set minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-0.7 .
0.0)
                                        \set vocalName = "1."
                                        \set vocNam = "1."
                                        \firstverse
                                        }

                \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {
                                        \set minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-0.7 .
0.0)
                                        \set vocalName = "2."
                                        \set vocNam = "2."
                                        \secondverse
                                        }

                 \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {
                                        \set minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-0.7 .
0.0)
                                        \set vocalName = "3."
                                        \set vocNam = "3."
                                        \thirdverse
                                        }

                \context Staff = lower <<
                                        \clef bass
                                        \context Voice = one \lowerOne
                                        \context Voice = two \lowerTwo

\paper {

        \context{
        \LyricsContext
% \override VocalName #'font-name = #"phvr"
 \override VocalName #'break-align-symbol = #'time-signature
% \override VocalName #'break-align-symbol = #'custos
% \override LyricText #'font-name = #"phvro"
 \override LyricText #'font-magnification = #0.95

                }

        \context{
        \StaffGroupContext
        \remove "Span_bar_engraver"