Re: Meta-topic: Spam filtering and bounced messages

From: David R. Linn
Subject: Re: Meta-topic: Spam filtering and bounced messages
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:13:20 -0600 (CST)

>> To rephrase your advice - "Don't bounce. Either bounce or accept and
>> discard".
>>
>> "reject" and "bounce" are the same thing!

I'm sorry but "bounce" and "reject" are not the same thing.  One
implies sending a message back to the putative sender; one merely
implies telling the incoming SMTP relay that the message has not
been (or in some cases, will not be) accepted and makes dealing
with the message the problem of the incoming relay.