ties over non-tied notes

From: Francois Planiol-Auger
Subject: ties over non-tied notes
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:18:18 +0100

Hi List!

I need ties over other notes, as a simplified notation.

In my case it would be right to use for every note that is hold a new voice,
I try to explain it in a console-graphical way:
                   _    |
         _    |    |    |
s2 |     |    |    |    e2    % last tone
r4 |  r8 | r8 |    d  ~ d2    % is a chord:
r8 |     a    bes4   ~  bes2  % <e d bes g>2
   g2         ~         g2    % "

But it is more readable when one uses only one voice and ties over the
non-tied or later tied note(s):
(still in a console-graphical way explained):
 _____________    |
 |  |   |    |    |
 |  |   |    |    e2
 |  |   |    d8 ~ d2
 |  |   bes8   ~  bes2
 |  a8
g8        ~       g2

But the problem is: how to do that?

I use lilypond 2.2.0 on linux, and found nothing, also in the tips and
tricks.

Francois

PS: I had on Sunday a short seminar to help some of my musicians start with
lilypond. It was well, I hope they will continue work with lilyp and will
continue to assist them for a while. Thanks special to Bertalan for the
quick anwer about overwriting .pdf. I really didnt knew (now I know), and my
guys were also impressed about the quick answer! (try to get an answer at
coda oder sibelius!)