Re: Nested StaffGroups

From: Ruud van Silfhout
Subject: Re: Nested StaffGroups
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:57:04 +0100

Hi Aaron,

The syntax for the definition of notes and lyrics has IMO no relation with
the scheme syntax. I think it has more resemblence with TeX than Scheme,
albeit that it is a separate language of its own. The scheme syntax is more
used when parameters are set/tweaked and you can add scheme  functions to
the lilypond code if you want lilypond to do things,  which are not (yet)
possible with lilypond.

The syntax element << >> defines that music is played simultaneously whereas
{ } defines music that is played sequentially.
See also
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-11/msg00494.html

This syntax is briefly described in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Music-expre
ssions-explained.html#Music-expressions-explained

Have fun!

Regards,
Ruud van Silfhout