make an extra space smaller

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: make an extra space smaller
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:14:40 +0100

Hello list,

version 2.4.2

when I put fingerings beside the notes (e.g. with

  "\set fingeringOrientations = #'(right)"

), then lilypond puts a little extra space between the fingerin and the
following note.

Now I wanted to make smaller this extra space, but reading the
documentation over and over, the only thing I could find was to
eliminate this extra space with

  \override Fingering #'no-spacing-rods = ##t

But without a (smaller) extra space the result is not what I want.

Can anybody help me, please?

Best Regards           Roland