Re: Importing titles via lilypond-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Importing titles via lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:13:47 +0100

Exactly what version of 2.2 do you use? There was a bug related to \preLilyPondExample
that was fixed in version 2.2.3, I think.
The mailing list archives should have a workaround.

  /Mats

Aaron Dalton wrote:

I'm just Mr. 20-Questions today =) I am writing a paper using LaTeX and am inserting \begin/end{lilypond} blocks for my musical examples. Because LaTeX figures cannot span multiple pages, I need to manually caption these excerpts. I would like to do this via:
    \header { piece = "caption" }
in each block. According to the documentation section 6.2 all I have to do is include :
    \input titledefs.tex
    \def\preLilyPondExample{\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{}}
in the preamble of my LaTeX (.lytex) document. However, when I compile the document, no titles appear. Here is the process I use:

$ lilypond-book --output=out myfile.lytex
$ cd out
$ latex myfile.tex
$ dvips -Ppdf -u +lilypond.map myfile.dvi
$ ps2pdf myfile.ps

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aaron

P.S. Oh, Lilypond 2.2 being used, btw.