Re: Re: T1 encoding and feta20.afm error | tetex-extra works but with La

From: Albert Einstein
Subject: Re: Re: T1 encoding and feta20.afm error | tetex-extra works but with LaTeX not |deleting cygwin dir helps
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:24:46 +0100

I've deleted cygwin directory on machine with windows2000 and TexLive.
I installed again Lilypond with tiny, extra, base packages.
I added:
unset TEXMF
unset TEXMFCNF
unset TEXMFTEMP
into profile file in home\*\ directory.
No errors, no problems.
It produces with:
fontencoding = "T1"
inputencoding = "cp1250" good quality national letters -- I read file via Acrobat 6.0.

I can try to unistall extra package to come back to this problem with feta.

Albert

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Albert Einstein wrote:

*IT works! on machine witout LaTeX - I've installed tetex-extra --letters in bar.pdf are a little bit quadratic but O.K .

Fine!

On PC with LaTeX still are problems.

Please be specific and say explicitly that you have TeXLive installed
in Windows. In know what you mean, but others who find your email
in the mailing list archives may get very confused.

All commands you gave me I tested on Win2000 with LateX and extra package and I send now the result; sample2e.pdf is empty with errors.*
*READ! below copyied cygwin window in bold text.*

$ unset TEXMF /etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh.done % maybe hier is something missing bash: unset: `/etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh.done': not a valid identifier

It's two commands! First run 'unset TEXMF' then run
'/etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh.done'.

address@hidden ~
$ unset TEXMF

address@hidden ~
$ kpsexpand \$TEXMF

This is the real problem, all the other problems you see follow from
this one. What does the command
kpsewhich texmf.cnf
say?

I still think the problem is that the installation of tetex-base gets
confused by your installation of TeXLive, for some reason. Hopefully,
rerunning the installation script as shown above will solve the issues.

    /Mats