Re: Sustain Pedal Positioning

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Sustain Pedal Positioning
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:38:13 +0100

> Please on this list
> ALWAYS give the number of the version You are using, so any help can
> have more effect! ;-)

Yes, I remembered to do it just _after_ I sent the mail :-}
I'm using 2.2.6.

This is my example file:

-----
\version "2.2.0"

\score {
    \notes \relative c' {
        \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket
%       \override Staff.SustainPedal #'extra-offset = #'(-0.4 . -1.7)
        c\sustainDown d e
        b\sustainUp\sustainDown
        b g \sustainUp a
    }

    \midi {}
    \paper {}
}
-----

Whatever the numbers (by the way, what is their respective meaning?),
commented out or not, the sustain line does not move!

Thanks for being more specific on how to achieve this.

Gilles