Re: Difficulties with testing installation on a Mac

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: Difficulties with testing installation on a Mac
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:00:18 +0100

Hi Paul,

:

> and got 2.4.x in the source, but still only 2.2.x in the binary  (2.5.x
> for lilypond-unstable)  I've still been using the Fink Controller app.

Apparently, the binary build for Fink is still 'stuck' at 2.2. Strange
that the unstable brach _does_ show 2.5 (binary, I presume?)...

If you're really a 'first-timer', you should just leave it at that, get the
2.2, and work with that until the binaries get built, or you get enough
'courage' to get your feet wet and build it from source.

Despite the uneasy feelings you may have about building from source,
it usually doesn't require much technical knowledge, and only takes
a couple of hours in the worst case. And that's time that your computer
needs to download and build, not time you need to invest to build the
program.

Those are the only options I see right now...

HTH!

Christ