Re: Creating markup macros

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Creating markup macros
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:00:58 +0100

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

>>#(def-markup-command (restOne layout props) ()
>>   (interpret-markup layout props (markup #:number "1")))
>>
>>rOne = { R1^\markup \restOne }
>>
>>\score{ \rOne }
>>

> Thank you very much.   Now can you give me a hint as to a good way to
> combine those two definitions so a the second definition of rOne isn't
> necessary?  This is because I want to make rOne eventually generate
> the correct one measure rest for any time signature.

AFAICT, it will not be possible to have \rOne automagically generate a
one measure rest for any time signature, as the current time signature
is not known at the time the one measure rest music expression will be
generated (a time signature indication is just another music
expression). You will have to give \rOne a duration parameter, but then
using directly R1^\one or R1*3/4^\one will be cleaner (more readable)
and not longer than, say, \rOne r1 or \rOne r2.

nicolas