Re: Creating markup macros (functions actually)

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Creating markup macros (functions actually)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:35:59 -0700

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

<>Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

That I don't yet.  Another look at new-markup-scm tells me a markup is
a list?

Yes, and a list is not the same thing as a function.
Understood.

The fact that a
markup expression is a list is actually an implementation detail that
you should not bother about.
?

address@hidden:~/music/test$ lilypond-snapshot displayscheme.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.4.2
Processing `displayscheme.ly'
Parsing...
Backtrace:
In unknown file:
  ?: 0* [primitive-load "music-display.scm"]

<unnamed port>: In procedure open-file in expression (primitive-load name):
<unnamed port>: No such file or directory: "music-display.scm"

Create that music-display.scm file, in the same directory as
displayscheme.ly, with the code from
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-11/msg00029.html
Ahhh!

==>
(make-music 'SequentialMusic
'elements (list
           (make-music 'MultiMeasureRestMusicGroup

See scm/new-markups.scm.
This is beginning to make sense but I still have a way to go.

Ok, new-markups.scm is not the right place to look at actually, better
read scm/define-markup-commands.scm, for inspiration.
Also look at ly/music-functions-init.ly
Thanks.

I have been programming for many years in many languages but have
only looked at scheme and lisp recently.

a cultural shock indeed :)
Yes, even though I spent many years writing Forth which helps a little.

Thanks again,

Paul