Re: Creating markup macros

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Creating markup macros
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:49:18 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> >\score{ \rOne }
> >

> Thank you very much.   Now can you give me a hint as to a good way to
> combine those two definitions so a the second definition of rOne isn't
> necessary?  This is because I want to make rOne eventually generate the
> correct one measure rest for any time signature.

that information is generally not passed to markup commands. Markup
deals with layout, and does not know about musical concepts such as
"length of a measure". You have to delve into

  lily/multi-measure-rest-engraver.cc

which will need some adaptation to pass the info you need to a Scheme
function. (Unfortunately,  the mm rest engraver is one of the more
complex engravers.)