Unfolding Volta repeats in midi (hacker help wanted)

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Unfolding Volta repeats in midi (hacker help wanted)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:34:17 +0100

I read the documentation on unfolding volta repeats in midi output. Combined with the recent discussion on scheme functionality, I got the following idea:

Could it be possible to write a scheme function that evaluates to "volta" when evaluating the music for layout and that evaluates to "unfold" to when evaluating music for midi output? Can I then use that function to write something like:
\repeat #unfold-midi 2 { c''4 }

Where should I begin? Which music properties are involved?
something like: (out of the hat via the keyboard to the list)
(defun unfold-midi()
"evaluates to \"unfold\" for midi output and to \"volta\" for paper output."
  (if (in-midi-p)
    "unfold"
    "volta"))

But then in guile / scheme instead of elisp and using the correct key-words.

TIA,
Arjan

---
A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that only the other one snores.

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)