Re: Metronome Markings

From: Aaron Dalton
Subject: Re: Metronome Markings
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:13:24 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:

Aaron Dalton wrote:

Try as I might, I cannot get a tempo marking to appear at the beginning of my piece. I use versions 2.2.2 and 2.2.5. I am referring to section 3.7.4 of the documentation. No matter where I put the "\tempo 4 = 144" line, I cannot get it to appear on the score. Below is an excerpt of my score. The ***** are places I have tried to put the \tempo command to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Aaron

upper = \notes \relative f'' {
    ***** f1
}

lower = \notes \relative f' {
    ***** f1
}

It's a bug. It will work in most of the places you tried if you also add:

^\markup{ " " }

at the same place.

As Erik has already pointed out, no metronome markings at all are
printed in version 2.2.5, but they should work for example with 2.2.2
and with newer versions. I think the bug Paul refers to is not relevant
here. Wasn't that related to scores that started with full bar rests?

    /Mats

Thank you all for your help. I was finally able to test it on 2.2.2, and indeed it prints as it should. I must have done something wrong in my initial test case. 2.2.5 seems to be the only version Cygwin ships with. I will have to look up who maintains the Cygwin port and see if an update is in the works.

Thanks again!
Aaron