Re: Lyrics overruning left staff line

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics overruning left staff line
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:33:11 +0100

If you search the mailing list archives and search for:
align lyrics
you should find some relevant answers.

   /Mats

Lloyd Kvam wrote:
I am transcribing some church music in an effort to make it easier to
follow.  These are chants with multiple words for a note.  it appears
that the words are centered on the note and are allowed to overflow the
staff line.

I would be happy if I could eliminate the line to the left that joins
the two staffs, or if the notes and lyrics could be shifted to the
right.  I've enclosed my ly file and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks for creating this software.  It is a wonderful piece of work, but
challenging for the casual user.

\version "2.4.2"
#(set-default-paper-size "letter" 'landscape)

\header {
        title = "Evening Prayer (Vespers) Section 11"
}

leader = \relative c' {
        \set Score.timing = ##f
        \override Staff.Stem #'transparent = ##t
        \key f \major
        \clef treble

        f1 c4 e4 e4 f1
}
congregation = \relative c' {
        \set Score.timing = ##f
        \override Staff.Stem #'transparent = ##t
        \key f \major
        \clef treble

        s1 s4 s4 s4 f4 g4 e4 f4
}

\score {
        <<
        \context Voice = one { \leader }
                \addlyrics {
                        In_peace,_let_us pray to the Lord.
                }
                \addlyrics {
                        "For the peace from above, " _ _ _ _
                }
                \addlyrics {
                        "and for our salvation, let us" pray to the Lord.
                }
        \context Voice = twoa { \congregation   }
                \lyricsto "twoa" \new Lyrics {
                        Lord, have mer -- cy.
                }

        \layout {