Re: once more about encodings (ver. 2.4.2)

From: Rob V
Subject: Re: once more about encodings (ver. 2.4.2)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:51:41 -0500

Werner,

I would like to make a request about the font encoding (but I think I'm late
for your meeting).  I don't know if this is possible, or if I can even describe
it correctly, but I think it would be nice to have the encoding work the same
as in a latex document.

I've noticed that some characters in a lilypond file map to different character
numbers than in a latex document.  When substituting a different font in a
lilypond file, some of the combination characters don't work correctly, because
the parts are in the wrong place, even though the same font will work in a
general latex document.  I think it would be nice to have it all work the same
(from a user perspective), and to be able to change the fonts in a similar
manner as in a latex document.

Just a thought,

Rob
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com