Re: chords under endings updated but now for staffgroup?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: chords under endings updated but now for staffgroup?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:29:46 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

You shouldn't read my old answers if Han-Wen has given some better
answers.

I searched.  If I had been aware of this solution I would have used it. :)

As is also described in the section on "Repeat Syntax" in
the manual, the correct(!) way of handling such a situation is to
set the voltaOnThisStaff property.

Thanks for making that connection. It wouldn't have been obvious until your solution below.

Unfortunately, the example file
linked from the manual is missing, so here comes a copy from the
old manual, updated to version 2.4.2:

\header {

    texidoc = "Volta brackets can be placed over chord names. This
requires adding an engraver to @code{ChordNames}, and setting
@code{voltaOnThisStaff} correctly."

}

\version "2.4.0"
\score {
    <<
  \new ChordNames \with {
      voltaOnThisStaff = ##t
  } \chordmode {
     c1 c
  }
  \new Staff \with {
      voltaOnThisStaff = ##f
  }  {
   \repeat volta 2 { c'1 } \alternative { c' }

Thanks for that solution.  It works great!

Shouldn't that actually be the default?

Paul