Re: who uses lilypond

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: Re: who uses lilypond
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:17:31 -0500 (EST)

We use Lilypond to typeset my wife's choral arrangements and also lead
sheets for her jazz compositions.  The quality of the typeset music is
first rate.  For what it's worth, my wife went from knowing nothing
about computers to learning Lilypond, a text editor and finding her way
around a computer an a Linux system in about 1 month -- during which she
also typeset 14 jazz lead sheets and 3 of her gospel-jazz choral
arrangements.  My part in this was to get her started by creating the
Lilypond templates for her to use and also helping her get familiar with
the basics of edit-interpret-display process on one of our Linux boxes.

A great piece of software and a very helpful and knowledgeable
user/development community!

                                   Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!