Re: who uses lilypond

From: Chip
Subject: Re: who uses lilypond
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:22:05 -0800

what do you use lilypond for.

I used for printing transcriptions of Mexican music for the horn section (2 trumpets,1 trombone,1 reed) of a band (Mexican cover band playing Banda, Cumbia, Ranchera, Quebradita, Zapatiado and other styles). I play sax/clarinet. The band decides what songs we will be playing, I transcribe the horn parts, typeset with lilypond. The 'bone player is stuck in the MS Windoze world with Finale, and the scores are very obviously of a lower quality. Our 'book' contains 70 transcriptions right now. Maybe some day I'll make it available for others to buy, maybe as a Mexican Music Fake Book. Hmmm, is that even legal? (Another thread altogether).
--
Chip