Re: who uses Lily ?

From: Richard Schoeller
Subject: Re: who uses Lily ?
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:47:34 -0500

I use it to prepare the music for a klezmer jam group.  The music that
we play is often only found as a leadsheet in C (usually in a fakebook).
Orchestrations, when they are available, are often in conductor score
form only.  So, I am doing transcriptions, transpositions, breaking into
parts and arrangements using Lilypond.

For myself, I also use the midi generated from Lilypond to practice
with.  A bass by itself does not give you much sense of the flow of the
music  8^).

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 12:20 +0100, Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:

> I use it most for engraving from ancient fac simile, or old scores (80%)
> Sometimes for composing (20%)

Dick Schoeller
address@hidden
http://schoeller.ne.client2.attbi.com/