Re: troubles on installation on fc2 and macosx 10.3

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: troubles on installation on fc2 and macosx 10.3
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:13:54 +0100

What version of the program have you installed?
I guess that you have installed version 2.2.5 on Cygwin, but
maybe you have installed version 2.4.x on Fedora. Since the
syntax has changed a bit between the two versions, you cannot
use the same version of test.ly. Always read the documentation
corresponding to the version you use (and please always tell what
version of the program you have, when asking questions on the mailing
list).

Python is used for some of the LilyPond programs, so if you have
managed to install LilyPond in Mac, then I would be very surprised
if your own Python programs don't work equally well. Without knowing
anything about Mac, I guess the solution is Fink.

   /Mats

andrea valle wrote:
Hi to all,
first post, so pardon me if I'm asking obvious thing. Searched the archives but wasn't able to find an answer.

Here in Turin we are making some installation tests. On win2k all right: a beautiful pdf score from test.ly. On fedora core 2, very fast installation, everything seems ok also while parsing the test.ly, no errors at all, but: we have no output file. We also changed some flags but: no way. Any hints? We also tested on mac osx 10.3 (which would be my preferite choice). I cannot tell you the results because after two hours and a half of hard work of cpu (fink etc) we have to close the office leaving g5 working. On monday morning we will check... But: is it the standard behaviour?
I see that at least on mac lily installs python: what does this mean?
Python framework is a nightmare on mac, and my system for algo composition works on python. So I'd like to have it works. Could anyone tell me something about it?
Thanks a lot for your kindness

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle