Fw: Merging rests in single-staff polyphony

From: Ruud van Silfhout
Subject: Fw: Merging rests in single-staff polyphony
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:31:21 +0100

Hi,

I think this question should be posted on the lilypond user list.
One trick I use to achieve that is by using \voiceOne and \oneVoice and use
skips on the other voice instead of rests.
\voiceOne and \voiceTwo instruct lily to display two separate voices for
your soprano and altomelody. \oneVoice changes the behavior to the 'normal'
way of displayng, so th rests are placed on their normal position.

BTW: Which lilypond version are you using?

Bye,
Ruud van Silfhout