Re: Lilypond, how it really work, Java & Eclipse

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Lilypond, how it really work, Java & Eclipse
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:28:52 +0100

3) I see some comments about a JEdit plugin and I wonder if an Eclipse plugin will be interesting. For example an editor with code completion, syntax highlighting, refactor etc ... and maybe a kind of realtime output. I will try the JEdit plugin maybe it works well.

The jEdit plugin has been in development for a year now. And it is in heavy development nowadays with 3 developers. It has code completion, syntax highlighting, refactor and etc. support right now :-) However, you're welcome if you would like to contribute, because there is a lot of things to do. Check out our project page at www.sf.net/projects/lily4jedit - The last version included in jEdit is 0.2.3, which doesn't support LilyPond 2.4.x However, you can download the latest (0.2.6) version from the project page - with cca. 20 new features and 2.4.x support. (Note that you must have Java 1.5 to use this release and some new plugins and the new LilyJHelp.)

An Eclipse plugin would need very much work that has already been done for jEdit. And the work would be very similar.

Bert