Difficulties using a piano-template

From: Die5Willes
Subject: Difficulties using a piano-template
Date: 09 Dec 2004 11:40 GMT

Hi there!
I want to type piano music and for that I'm using the
simple-piano-music-template from the lilypond homepage. It's the first time I'm
trying to use variables to enter notes in a score, and now there is the
following difficulty:
everything looks fine as long as there is no specification of the key but when
I'm trying to set the key to f-major, there is an error message. So here is an
extract from my score made by lily 2.2.5 on a windows-machine and after that
there is the error message: so, please tell me: where is the mistake or what
can I do to produce the f-major key??

upper = \notes \relative c' {
\partial 8*1 g'8 | c32[ b c d e8] e32[ d e f g8]
}

lower = \notes \relative c {
\partial 8 *1 r8 | <c e>8 r <c e>8 r
}

\score {
  \context PianoStaff <<
    \set PianoStaff.instrument = "Piano  "
    \context Staff = upper <<  \clef violin \key f \major \time 2/4 \upper
    \context Staff = lower <<    \clef bass  \key f \major \lower

and here is the error message:

piano.ly:25:49: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting DEFAULT or
NOTENAME_PITCH:
    \context Staff = upper <<  \clef violin \key
                                                 f \major \time 2/4 \upper

piano.ly:25:56: error: Have to be in Lyric mode for lyrics:
    \context Staff = upper <<  \clef violin \key f \majo
                                                        r \time 2/4 \upper

piano.ly:26:50: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting DEFAULT or
NOTENAME_PITCH:
    \context Staff = lower <<    \clef bass  \key
                                                  f \major \lower

piano.ly:26:57: error: Have to be in Lyric mode for lyrics:
    \context Staff = lower <<    \clef bass  \key f \majo
                                                         r \lower
Interpreting music...
piano.ly:25:49: warning: Junking event: `LyricEvent':
    \context Staff = upper <<  \clef violin \key
                                                 f \major \time 2/4 \upper

piano.ly:26:50: warning: Junking event: `LyricEvent':
    \context Staff = lower <<    \clef bass  \key
                                                  f \major \lower

Thank you very much for helping!
Stefan