Score of two parts having different time

From: Dominik Baenninger
Subject: Score of two parts having different time
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:48:55 +0100 (CET)

I am writing on a piece consiting of two parts. Part I is writen in

\time 2/4

part II uses

\time 6/8

The music was composed in such a way, that the measures of both parts have
the same length. I.e. I would like to get something like

Part I:  \time 2/4  | a4  a4       | a8 a8 a8 a8 | a2  | ...
Part II: \time 6/8  | e4. e8 e8 e8 | e4.   e4.   | e2. | ...

Can anybody help me how to get a correct score?

Dominik