Re: finale2ly hbe2ly

From: Némo
Subject: Re: finale2ly hbe2ly
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:10:53 +0100

Francois Planiol-Auger wrote:
Hi all!

Is there an utility to translate finale files to lilypond?
Is there one for my ooooooooold music setter named HB-Engraver (then Music
Engraver)

For finale you can use this one : etf2ly.
I never used it, but reading to the script I can read this :
«
# This supports
#
#  * notes
#  * rests
#  * ties
#  * slurs
#  * lyrics
#  * articulation
#  * grace notes
#  * tuplets
#

# todo:
#  * slur/stem directions
#  * voices (2nd half of frame?)
#  * more intelligent lyrics
#  * beams (better use autobeam?)
#  * more robust: try entertainer.etf (freenote)
#  * dynamics
#  * empty measures (eg. twopt03.etf from freenote)
»

The script (and other ones) are in
$SOURCE_DIR/scripts/out

and the doc here :