Re: Problem running configure with 2.4.2 (ec-fonts-mftraced)

From: Herman Grootaers
Subject: Re: Problem running configure with 2.4.2 (ec-fonts-mftraced)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:47:33 +0100

On Monday 13 December 2004 10:55, you wrote:
> First of all, run the command 'texhash' as root to make sure that the
> TeX file name database is up to date (it should be done by the
> installation scripts, but you never know).
>
> Secondly, I see from the output you get when running lilypond -V,
> that the LilyPond files should be installed below
> /usr/local/share/lilypond/2.5.3/
> on your machine. Make sure that the file feta20.afm really is
> installed in
> /usr/local/share/lilypond/2.5.3/fonts/afm/feta20.afm
>
> Also, if you tried the commands in a shell that was open before
> the installation, the environment variable settings in
> /etc/profile.d/lilypond.sh
> have not been done. So, in a shell opened after the installation,
> make sure that the environment variable TEXMF is set (I won't tell
> you here what value it should have, since that will depend on your
> machine).

Thanks Mats, but this did not solve my problem.

I did start looking in my system and found that texhash is a link to mktexlsr,
which I did run.

I also checked that all the fonts are in the correct directory, but when I
checked the ls-R-database I came to an unplaesant surprise:
===
address@hidden texmf]# ls -l
totaal 4
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 105 dec 13 13:33 ls-R
address@hidden texmf]# pwd
/usr/local/share/texmf
address@hidden texmf]# more ls-R
% ls-R -- filename database for kpathsea; do not change this line.
./:
.:
ls-R
lsR.PtVaJx

./lsR.PtVaJx:
===

The other ls-R-databases are in order, so there is someting strange going on.
texmf is a directory in /usr/local/share, together with lilypond causing
texhash to fail in creating the database, because the database should be
build with lilypond included, or do I miss something now?

Greetings,
Herman