Re: Building Lily

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Building Lily
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:49:03 +0100

This means that the run-time library file libkpathsea.so.4 is not
installed in a directory where the loader searches by default, on
your machine. I'm a bit surprised that you have a dynamic library
for kpathsea, most installations of teTeX come only with a libkpathsea.a
library file, which is linked statically into the executable.

So the problem is your installation of the kpathsea library (sometimes
packaged separately in a libkpathsea or libkpathsea-dev package).
Since you tried to compile LilyPond yourself, I assume that you have
some knowledge about UNIX systems and can sort out these problems
yourself.

   /Mats

Luis G. López wrote:

Hi! :-)

Please excuse me for not replying to the list; I just didn't notice it.

Here is the message I get from the command you told me:
--------------------
address@hidden lilypond-2.4.2]# lily/out/lilypond --help --verbose
lily/out/lilypond: error while loading shared libraries:
libkpathsea.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
-------------------

Thanks,

Luis.

El mar, 14-12-2004 a las 07:42, Mats Bengtsson escribi=F3:

Try to run the command
lily/out/lilypond --help --verbose
This will hopefully give more information on what's wrong.
=20
   /Mats
=20
Luis G. L=F3pez wrote:

Hi!
=20
I'm still trying to make 2.4.2 :-)
I could finish the "configure" with no error (only a warning about
version of "makeinfo"), but when I do "make all", I get the following
error:
------------
/usr/bin/perl /resguardo/bajados/lilypond/lilypond-2.4.2/buildscripts=

/out/help2man out/lilypond > out/lilypond.1

help2man: can't get `--help' info from out/lilypond
make[1]: *** [out/lilypond.1] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/resguardo/bajados/lilypond/lilypond-2.4.2/lily'
make: *** [all] Error 2
-----------
=20
Thank you for your help,