Re: Another Lilypond Story

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Another Lilypond Story
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:32:17 +0100

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:27:38 +0100
address@hidden wrote:

> In other word, by making the music available, I just remove the hurdle
> of having to retranscribe it by ear. I just make my music easier to find,

Thank you for doing that. I liked very much the style, the drive,
the feeling and of the demo track, super performance! As a
(former) violinplayer I especially admire the violin performance,
tone, makes the instrument sound not searching for at tone but
stating things as imperatives.

> In my mind, it's that simple. It does not mean anything else...
>
> Am I being naive or stupid ?

Of course not.

>           Did I miss anything ? It might be true that
> I ought to be more explicit about what people are allowed to do with these
> scores, but I don't think I'm giving away anything serious here. The music
> is copyrighted, one cannot just play it nor record it without my consent,
> The score is freely available. That's it. Not more, not less.

That is how I see it too. Maybe with the addition that there might
be some genuine artist who got some inspiration from you and who
makes a new "Mr.Toad story", which would be impossible if you had
taken a patent on "stories including toads illustrated with music."

Copyright is different and is intended to make it possible for
artists to get bread on their table (every day). And for the public
to listen to music which has been written out of sheer pleasure.

Regards/Donald Axel

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel