Re: Another Lilypond Story

From: Darius Blasband
Subject: Re: Another Lilypond Story
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:16:46 +0100

         Did I miss anything ? It might be true that
I ought to be more explicit about what people are allowed to do with these
scores, but I don't think I'm giving away anything serious here. The music
is copyrighted, one cannot just play it nor record it without my consent, The score is freely available. That's it. Not more, not less.

That is how I see it too. Maybe with the addition that there might
be some genuine artist who got some inspiration from you and who
makes a new "Mr.Toad story", which would be impossible if you had
taken a patent on "stories including toads illustrated with music."

Fair enough. I hate the idea that companies can patent single/double/mulit click stuff, I would hate myself for trying to put a restriction of this kind on anyone... If anyone thinks the Legend of the Toad is a valuable source of inspiration, I would be flattered. And if he/she is zillions times more succesfull
than me in doing that, even better.

Oh, and by the way, I know this sounds odd, but the Legend of the Toad is about many things,
but definitely not about toads.... :-)

Cheers,

Darius.