Re: Building Lily

From: Luis G.
Subject: Re: Building Lily
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:38:32 -0500

More on this...

Searching in the archives from Tex-Live, I found this:
----------------------
> TeX Live has static kpathsea compiled in, so the dynamic libraries
> are not available. Lilypond expects to find them, so it fails.
>
> The answer is to install teTeX *as well* as TeX Live, I am afraid.
Well, TeX Live has everything you need. Just do an normal installation,
then unpack the sources and do
  cd TeX/texk/kpathsea
  ./configure; make; make install

> No, I cannot easily fix this in TeX Live, because TL does not do
> "true" installs, which would involve grokking the system setup
> and putting libraries in the right place. RedHat etc can do
> it right, because they know their file system. Our binaries are
> supposed to work on any or all Linux system.
>
> Sorry, this is a mess, I know.
TeX Live cannot provide the necessary files. The headers depend on the
compiler you use.
--------------------

So I did, but I'm still getting the same error on "make all" (of lilypond=
):
--------------------
/usr/bin/perl /resguardo/bajados/lilypond/lilypond-2.4.2/buildscripts/out=
/help2man out/lilypond > out/lilypond.1
help2man: can't get `--help' info from out/lilypond
make[1]: *** [out/lilypond.1] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/resguardo/bajados/lilypond/lilypond-2.4.2/li=
ly'
make: *** [all] Error 2

And when I do "lily/out/lilypond --help --verbose" I still get:
lily/out/lilypond: error while loading shared libraries: libkpathsea.so.4=
: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thank you for any advice or help,

Luis :-)

El s=E1b, 18-12-2004 a las 22:36, Luis G. L=F3pez escribi=F3: