Re: Invert note head but keeping stem directions

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Invert note head but keeping stem directions
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:21:48 +0100

On Thursday 23 December 2004 02.03, Jefferson dos Santos Felix wrote:
> Erik,
>
> Is there an alternative solution, maybe using hidden notes? I tryed
> everything I know, but I can't put the dotted note on right. I know
> it's a bug, but lilypond always provide alternative solutions to its
> bugs. I don't want to put a tie instead this dot!
>
> By the way, thanks!

The following [extremely ugly and bad] hack seems to give the expected
output.. You could probably do something better by just tweaking the x offset
directly (which requires some digging in the lilypond internals).

<<
   { b8[ s16 c'16] d'4 b8  c'8  d'4 b2 b2  }
   \\
   { \dotsUp <<a4. {s4 g4}>>\dotsNeutral b2 b8. a16 g4 b8 a g4 }

Erik