Re: Slurs and beams

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Slurs and beams
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:21:04 -0800

On 23-Dec-04, at 1:48 PM, Karina Aleksandrova wrote:
I have recently downloaded Lylipond. I don't know musical notation, so
I've been learning both Lylipond and the musical notation together,
just going by the way it looks. I have encountered a problem. In the

You may want to do a few google search for an introduction to musical
notation; the manual was written with the assumption that users would
be familiar with notation already.

original image the two notes had both beam and slur, but Lylipond only
prints slur. Can you help me firgure out what I'm doing wrong?

bes[( a])

These notes need to be eighth notes (or faster).

bes8[( a])

However, you probably don't need the manual beams when you've got
eighth notes:
bes8( a)

Cheers,
- Graham