Re: Staff spacing, and glissandos

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Staff spacing, and glissandos
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:47:17 -0700

Tom Cornall wrote:

Thankyou very much! The \override Voice.Glissando #'style = #'zigzag
worked perfectly.

However, applying "\set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)" and
trying various values for the things between the brackets changed
nothing - still same spacing. I am using version 2.4.2. I cannot find
a reference to raggedbottom or raggedlastbottom in
"http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Vertical-spacing.html#Vertical-spacing";
You're close. It's in 7.5.11 Page layout <cid:part1.07040202.02020306@ultrasw.com>

. Im taking a guess here, but could the reason why \set
Staff.minimumVertical Extent isn't working because I have only one
staff (one instrument, a Trumpet), and this variable is designed to
change spacing between different instruments?
I think it's because the defaults for raggedbottom and/or raggedlastbottom are true. Try setting them to false in different combinations. An attempt to spread the music neatly over one or more pages was introduced recently. It works fairly well but it's not perfect yet.

Thankyou for all your help and prompt response to this n00b,
You're welcome.

Please keep normal discussions on the list to benefit others. The custom on this list is different than most other lists I am on. It is to use "Reply All" since people can post without being subscribed. I only send the extra copy to the poster if I don't know whether the poster is subscribed.

Have fun,

Paul