lilypond installation

From: David Berkenbilt
Subject: lilypond installation
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:49:29 -0500

I have tried to install Lilypond on my Windows 2000 laptop. Each time I run setup
I get the error,

       setup exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
      You will need to restart the program.

       An error log is being created.

Where would I find the error log?  I probably wouldn't understand it anyway!

My son uses Linux and rarely resorts to Windows. He has used this program. I'd like to try it out.
I don't understand this direction

   * Keep clicking "Next" until
   * in the *Package View* dialogue, select LilyPond, found in the
     *Publishing* section.

I have not found the *Package View* dialogue. I don't know what to do about the ec-fonts-mftraced download, which one should I use?

I found your essay very interesting. I have used both Finale and Sibelius. I'm eager to try out this program

Thanks

David Berkenbilt