Re: partial warning, prints OK?!

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: partial warning, prints OK?!
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:57:38 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Albert Einstein <address@hidden> writes
I have music for five instruments - ChoirStaff in v. 2.2.5.
For second and third staff I get warnings: barcheck failed at: -1/4:; prints is OK, and manual calculating pass.

When I lilypond separetly the staffs I don't get this warnings.

If I understand you correctly, this got me too, until I realised what was going on ...

Have you *ex*plicitly specified the note length of the first note of your second and third staffs? If the last note of your first staff is, say, a minim, but you assume the first note of your second staff defaults to a crotchet then BOOM - you assumed wrong and there's your problem.

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.