Re: Absolute Beginner Question: Error messages

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Absolute Beginner Question: Error messages
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 14:22:54 -0800

On 7-Jan-05, at 9:33 PM, Walter Hofmeister wrote:

On 1/7/05 2:36 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
Please upgrade to 2.4.2 -- IIRC you need to use lilypond-unstable as the
package name instead of lilypond (but don't worry; it's quite stable.

Graham,
I just checked and the lilypond version that comes up on my installation
of Fink on Mac OS X is 2.4.2. Lilypond-unstable will get you version
2.5.0-1. To get the new package version, Jim should issue the command "fink self-update". This will update the fink software if there is a newer version

You're quite right; sorry.

What you actually need to do is tell fink that you want to use some
packages from *fink* unstable.  Then do the selfupdate, then
"fink install lilypond".

See the fink FAQ for details about adding packages from fink unstable.

Cheers,
- Graham