Re: Lilypond pieces already entered

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: Lilypond pieces already entered
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:00:52 -0500 (EST)

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:54:34 +0100
From: Christ van Willegen <address@hidden>
To: Gordon Gilbert <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Hi Gordon,

Anybody have Bach's "Little G-Minor"?  I think it's BWV# 1075 or something
like that .  It would begin:
I'm sorry, I can't help you here...

{
g'4 d'' bes'4. a'4 \bar "|"
g'8 bes' a' g' fis' a' d'4 \bar "|"
g'8 d' a' d' bes' a'16 g' a'8 d' \bar "|"
}
Just wondering...

Why do you put \bar "|" in this piece, where you can probably just do this:
g'4 d'' bes'4. a'4 |
g'8 bes' a' g' fis' a' d'4 |
g'8 d' a' d' bes' a'16 g' a'8 d' |

Also, I think there's a rythmic bug in the first line, my guess is
that it should be
g'4 d''8 bes'4. a'4 |  or

Regards,

Christ van Willegen

Yes, sorry, the rhythm of the first line should go:

 g'4 d'' bes'4. a'8 \bar "|"

Anyway, I only entered it in this email to describe the piece. And about the bar lines -- I've not had a great deal of success with them, and prefer automatic setting of barlines. But for the purposes of this email, I put them in.

Blessings,

Gordon Gilbert

        |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |
        |       Rev. Dn. Gordon Gilbert & Susan Gilbert       |
        |                   705-549-5056                      |
        |                address@hidden                  |
        |                address@hidden                 |