Location of CFF fonts

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: Location of CFF fonts
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:29:31 -0800

After a great deal of struggle, I finally got 2.5.7 to compile and install yesterday on my Gentoo box, but I've had a few font issues. Whenever I run lilypond, I get this message:

warning: cannot find CFF/PFA/PFB font "emmentaler20"

The output lacks clefs, noteheads, etc. I had other issues with fonts but I was able to copy the proper font resources from my build tree into /usr/share/lilypond/2.5.7/fonts. Emmentaler does not come with PFA/PFB but rather has CFF (as well as otf) resources. These are present in the build tree but I can't figure out where to put them for lilypond to find. Anyone have any ideas?

--Daniel

P.S. Other than missing noteheads, the new output looks great! The default text font has changed from Computer Modern to URW Century Schoolbook, I believe. This could change the spacing when converting older vocal scores to the new version, though.