Re: Extra bar at the end.

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: Extra bar at the end.
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:02:35 -0500

On Jan 17, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Gordon Gilbert wrote:

Hi!

What am I missing here? Using 2.2.2, the PDF output has an extra bar at the very end of the bass clef (but not in the treble clef). I've checked all my notes and words, and everything seems correct, but there is that strange
extra empty bar.

Take a look at the tenor part, line 125:

123:  c'2 c'4
124:  c' g a |
125:  c' b g8 f | % this bar
126:  e2. ~ e

That f should be an f4, I think (right now it's an eighth note, but a quarter and three eights is not a complete measure). I just skimmed the rest of the
file, but I think this might be your problem.

Also, a semi-related tip: one thing I find helpful is to put an explicit duration on the first note of every new line (which is also every new measure, if you write one measure per line). Trying to remember which duration a note should
be is just too error-prone, IMO.

HTH,
--
Benjamin D. Esham        {        http://bdesham.net