little tweaks

From: Andrzej Kopeć
Subject: little tweaks
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:26:36 +0100

I need to put a note with changed note head on a higher pitch without ledger lines. I want to obtain "the highest possibile pitch" note, which is usually a note with arrow-shaped note head.

This is my (partial) solution to this problem:

\version "2.4.2"
%...
\once \override LedgerLineSpanner #'print-function = ##f %no effect \once \override NoteHead #'print-function = #brew-new-markup-stencil
        \once \override Stem #'lengths = #'(4.0 4.0 4.0 5.0 5.5)
        \once \override NoteHead #'text = #(markup*
#:translate (cons -0.5 0.3) %horizontal translation doesn't work
                                            #:fontsize 2
                                            #:musicglyph "solfa-2do")
b''4
%...

Is there any possibility to suppress printing ledger lines for only one note in one measure (maybe problem is in fact,that Ledger_line_engraver is inside Staff context, and simple making it transparent or changing printing function to null doesn't work),
and how to move horizontally noteheads (in such circumstances)?

Andrzej