Re: marks, voltas, and key signatures

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: marks, voltas, and key signatures
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:01:07 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Graham
King <address@hidden> writes
>I'm new to this game so the following might not be optimal, but I solved
>your first problem thus:
>
>\once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #-1 \mark
>\markup \large \bold { Tempo 1 \super \right-align o }

Thanks. Done :-)

>'fraid I can't help with the voltas.

I've seen an email on the list from Mats. Unfortunately, I can't get his
solution to work :-( Code follows ...

%\override Score.VoltaBracket #'minimum-space = #1

\score {

        \override VoltaBracket #'minimum-space = #1

The first (commented out) version blows up with "unexpected override".
The second fails with "ignored - score already contains music". I've
tried swapping "override" for "set", and that doesn't seem to work,
either :-( failing with "expecting =" *on* the equals sign! (iirc)

The other thing is, I want to set it globally, so I would rather set it
OUTSIDE the "\score{}" scope, otherwise I have to keep on setting
everywhere rather than just doing it once.

> Your third problem (key
>signatures) has been discussed at some length on the list within the
>last couple of weeks.  Look for a thread with subject line
>"Accidentals".

Found, thanks. In other words, if I read the thread correctly, it can't
be done :-(