Re: System start delimiters

From: Steve Dickinson
Subject: Re: System start delimiters
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:55:08 -0700

Whoops.  Sorry about that.  Apparently you can't do what I tried to do
last time.  Here's that last message without the part that borked
everything up.

I'm currently using Lilypond to typeset assignments for my
instrumentation class.  My teacher would like a bracket connecting the
string staves and an additional brace connecting the violin staves.
Currently, I can get both the bracket and the brace, but they are both
printed in the same place.  I need to have the brace off to the left
so that it doesn't collide with the bracket.  Here's how my score
(it's a string quartet) is set up:

\version "2.5.8"

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new GrandStaff <<
      \new Staff { }
      \new Staff { }

    \new Staff { }
    \new Staff { }

  \layout { }
}

I keep thinking it's something extremely obvious, but I can't seem to
find it in the docs.  What am I missing?

--
(- Steve Dickinson -)
See my site: http://www.saberkitty.org/